Bhujangasana ( Cobra Pose )
17 Feb 2020 HYN Himalayan Yoga Academy
Bhujangasana (भुजंगासना) or the Cobra pose is one of the gentle backbends that is helpful in relieving backache, it also helps in improving digestion and overall health of the spine. Cobra pose is often used within a sun salutation or vinyasa as a transitional pose in a collection of asanas
Steps of doing cobra pose :
The procedure to do Bhujanagasana is very easy.Follow The given steps below without any jerk and stretch as much as you can in the Bhuajangsana yoga. Let us check the steps
1. Lie down flat on your stomach with your head on the floor, legs straight and feet together.
2. Try to raise your head and body upto navel with slow inhalation. You have to set you both hands on the ground.
3. Now, slowly stretch your whole body.
4. Stay in this pose at least 15 seconds and come back to the ground by slow exhalation.
he pose can be practiced as a low cobra (nearest to the mat or floor) or a high cobra (with the upper body moving higher, almost into a full upward-facing dog pose), and is easily adjusted based on individual needs.
Benefits of Cobra Pose
1. This asana makes stronger your spine.
2. It helps to heal asthma.
3. It helps to make our heart and lungs healthy.
4. Helps in menstrual and gynecological disorders
5. Eases constipation
6. Good for stimulating the appetite
Contraindications : Cobra Pose
1. If you are suffering from back pain you have to avoid this pose.
2. People suffering from hernia, peptic ulcer, hyperthyroidism or intestinal tuberculosis should do it under supervision.
3. Preganant Women should avoid this pose(asana).
Cobro Pose is done in the given video of Sun Salutation.Learn Cobra and other poses by the help of Swami Yog Subodh ( The person in video below)