200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Nepal
Himalayan Yoga Academy offers 200 hours of the first level of 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Nepal – 22 Days with fundamental principles of Yoga Sciences, Philosophical Aspects, Training skills, Workshops, Teaching methodology, and Practicum in a very original foundation. This training course needs a lot of practice. The students should have a clear vision and aim. Needless to say, the training aims to accompany and support you in your quest of attaining mastery over traditional Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga with introductory knowledge and practice command on Mantra, Karma, Bhakti, Jnana, Dhyana, and Kundalini Yoga. The Yoga Teacher Training course program utilizes a carefully formulated curriculum to bestow upon you the power of imparting knowledge to others who wish to find peace within – Thus making you a Yoga Instructor ( Guru ) .
We present the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Nepal Course – 22 Days with a progressive approach to yoga. We teach primarily in English, followed by Sanskrit and Hindi languages as well. This Training Program is the perfect platform for you to lay the groundwork to be a motivational Yoga Teacher. The training by itself will build you a solid foundation. We teach programs in a traditional and relaxed environment. It will encourage, support, and guide one to learn more about oneself. Come prepared to push your mental and physical limits to attain your goal of becoming a Yoga Teacher.
Our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Nepal goals are to:
✔ Offer inspiring, educational, and authentic yoga teachings to you no matter what your level of practice is.
✔Encourage you to deepen your love for yoga, and offer you the skills to get confident at teaching yoga safely with your students.
✔ Build a positive learning environment in which you and all other like-minded yogis will thrive, and create long-lasting friendships.
Eligibility to join 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Nepal Course
These 200 hours of Yoga Teacher Training Course are designed for everyone no matter their background, nationality, or religion. Be ready as this course will lighten your paths and open a gate of hope for a better life. The age of the student shouldn’t be less than 18 or more than 60.
Certification of 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Nepal Course
For New Aspiring Yoga Teachers, 200 Hour Certification can be a platform to learn ancient knowledge of health, harmony, and well-being on a worldwide level. This is one of the most serviceable minimum ethics set by an organization to instruct Yoga in recent times. Credit goes to Yoga Alliance for all the efforts made to bring an idea of regulation over literacy and tutoring Yoga by setting up the designations for Yoga Seminaries and Yoga professionals the world over. After successful completion of a 200 hrs. course from an RYS 200 Yoga School (Registered Yoga Academy at 200 hrs. level) with 200 hrs. For yoga Certification, participators are eligible to get registered with Yoga Alliance, USA for a designation of RYT 200 ( Registered Yoga Schoolteacher at 200 hrs. position).
After successful completion of the 200 Hour yoga teacher training in Nepal course, students will receive the 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate enabling them to register with Yoga Alliance or any other Yoga Federation in your country. This course will provide you with new insights into all areas of yogic practice and also present you with an opportunity to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200)
What You’ll Leave With
- Authentic yoga knowledge in a yoga posture, alignment, history, and anatomy.
- An established inner teaching voice sharing your wisdom with many others.
- Mindfulness practice to embrace the present moment.
- A confident voice to lead and inspire others to lead a more spiritual way of living.
- Lasting friendships with like-minded souls from all over the world.
- The experience of living in nature in beautiful Nepal, the land of the Himalayas
Accommodation and Facilities
Neat, beautiful, and well-furnished rooms with Jungle, Monastery & City View are going to be provided to form your stay comfortable. Each room will have an attached bathroom with the power of both hot and cold water. Besides that, the rooms also will have free Wi-Fi with necessary amenities for day-to-day life.
Arrival & Departure :
- The day before the Start date: Arrival and rest.
- Starting Date: Includes opening ceremony and orientation.
- Day-Off: 3-4 days are off (depending on the schedule and situation. )
- Last Day: Departure after 2 pm (no extra charge for the last night).
- Additional days of Stay: You are welcome to stay before or after the retreat by paying an additional charge of $25/day, which includes all meals and drinks. This price doesn’t include any classes or activities.
FAQs About YTT in Nepal
Why Himalayan Yoga Academy?
Upcoming Dates for 200 hours of Yoga Teacher Training 2023/2024
|Start Date||Availability||Max. Participants||Book|
|1st – 22nd January 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd February 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd March 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd April 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd May 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd June 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd July 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd August 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd September 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd October 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd November 2022/ 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd December 2023||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd January 2024||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
|1st – 22nd February 2024||Available||15||BOOK NOW|
Our Team :
The goal of life is to understand the cause of all mysteries behind us; aliveness is unknowable secrecy that is predetermined, pre-designed, and exists. He has a long research and practice in human consciousness and yoga. He teaches ancient traditional yoga in a scientific way to understand easily with modern eyes and also he is an experienced and registered Yoga Teacher Yoga Alliance (US). He has a wide range of experience and practice in the Traditional Usui system of Reiki, Tibetan Sound Healing and Meditation, Himalayan Singing Bowl, Music Healing and Meditation, etc. which calms and relaxes our minds being connected self. He is very specialized with deep knowledge and experiences of teaching in different ways of contemporary mind of worldly people and one who is seeking to liberate different ways; Buddhist, Tibetan, Osho, Zen, Tao, Traditional, Vedic, etc. He is an experienced registered Yoga teacher as well as a meditation master.
Your own action should inspire you, nobody should be applauding you to do the best out of yourself,” says Sudan
He has been a self-taught hatha yoga practitioner for the last two decades. He is also known as Himalayan Yogi as he has been doing intense yogic practices on the lap of the Himalayas for years. More than university studies he has delved and learned from the mysteries of nature. He has graduated in Yoga and Naturopathy from Nepal Sanskrit University and is a certified 200hr/300hr Yoga teacher. He was awarded Mr. Yogi 2018 and received appreciation from the government of Nepal. He has been to India, Australia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Indonesia for Yoga and Philosophy teaching.
He is a very enthusiastic soul and his aura recharges everyone around. He is a proficient teacher with intricate knowledge of all aspects of Hatha Yoga (Asana, Pranayama, Kriyas, Shatkarma, Bandha/Mudra, and meditation).
Raj Kumar’s practice is immersed in connecting to the energetic self via the use of both pranayama and meditation, using the physical body as a tool or metaphor for something deeper. His self-practice is echoed in his teachings defining a unique style that is clearly his own. With a lineage of multiple styles of yoga, combined with enthusiasm for eastern philosophy gives Raj Kumar a calming aura to be around.
In the quest for happiness, Raj Kumar decided to try the yoga path (2008), realizing very quickly that ‘Yoga provides an efficient and graceful way to navigate life by keeping you connected to the life force “Prana” and to the inner fire in any situation. Now Raj Kumar’s passion was to share the power of yoga and meditation and how it can be unleashed within us, helping us live a healthier, fuller, and more balanced life. He has been a Singing Bowl Trainer since 2018. He highly practices Nada Yoga and explores the different dimensions of Yoga through his daily practice.
06:15 am – Wake up and Ushapan (Early Drinking water)
06:30 am – 7:00 am – Jalaneti & Herbal Tea
07:00 – 08:30 am – Hatha / Ashtanga Yoga Asana
08:30 – 09:00 am – Pranayama
09:00 – 10:00 am – Breakfast and Herbal Tea
11:00 – 1:00 pm- Yoga Philosophy Class
01:00-02:00 pm- Vegetarian Lunch and Herbal Tea
02:00-03:00 pm – Free Time / Exploration/ Self Study
03:30-05:30 pm- Hatha Yoga Alignment (Class 6 Days a week)
05:30 – 06:00 pm – Herbal Tea
06:00 - 07:00 pm – Evening Meditation & Yoga Nidra Session
07:00 – 08:00 pm – Dinner and Herbal Tea (Trataks) Optional
08:30 – 09:00 pm – Evening walk, Vajrasana, Self-study & Practice
9:30 pm – Bedtime (Lights out)
- Holidays will be on the 7th and 14th of every month.
- One-Day World Heritage Sightseeing Tour OR, Nature Hiking
1 Asana Techniques, Training, and Practice
Min. Contact Hrs Total 100 Hours Hrs
- Prayer: Om chant, Mantra prayer, and Chanting
- Jogging; Subtle exercise, Dynamic (warm-up) exercise, Spinal exercise, and Suryanamaskar
- (Traditional and integrated form both)
- Satkarma: Dhauti, Basti, Neti, Nauli, Tratak and Kapalbhati
- Body Alignment in Yoga
- Yoga safety guidelines
- Mudra, Bandha, and Pranayama (Breathing Ethics)
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep) and Dhyana (Meditation)
- Guided Teaching Practice
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Asana (postures) and Asana Series
1. Pawanmuktasana series 1
2. Pawanmuktasana serie 2
3. Pawanmuktasana series 3
4. Surya Namaskar ( sun salutation)
5. Chandra Namaskar (Moon salutation)
6. Tadasana (palm tree pose)
7. Triyak tadasana (swaying palm tree pose)
8. Trikonasana (triangle pose)
9. Parivirtatrikon asana – revolving triangle pose
10. Uttkatasana –chair pose
11. Virbhdrasana 1 -warrior 1
12. Virbhdrasana 2 -warrior 2
13. Virbhdrasana 3 -warrior 3
14. Ardha Chandrasana- Half moon pose
15. Vriksasana – tree pose
16. Parvatasana – mountain pose
17. Adho mukha svanasana – downward facing dog
18. Kati Chakrasana – waist rotating pose
19. Malasana – squatted yoga pose
20. Garudasana – eagle pose
21. Baddha Konasana- bound angle pose
22. Rajkapoot asana – pegion pose
23. Bhujanghasana – cobra pose
24. Urdhva mukha svanasana –upward-facing dog
26. Setu Bhandasana
30. Supta Virasana- reclining hero pose
31. Virasana –hero pose
32. Vajrasana –thunderbolt
36. Ardha Matsyendrasana
2 Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics for Yoga Teachers:
Min. Contact Hrs Total 30 hours Hrs
- The brief study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts: Meaning, Definition, and History of Yoga, Biography of some yogic Rishis such as Lord Shiva, Patanjali;
- Brief introduction of the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradipika, and Gherand Samhita;
- Forms of yoga: Karma yoga, Bhakti yoga, Gyana yoga, Dhyana yoga, Mantra yoga, Hatha yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga
- Yogic Lifestyle: Day Regimen, Night Regimen, and Seasonal Regimen, Aahara – Vihaara – Vichaara – Vishraama;
- Ethics: Yama (social ethics): eg. Ahimsa (non-violence), Satya (truthfulness); Asteya (non-stealing), Aparigraha (non-possessiveness), Brahmacharya (True nature)
- Niyama (individual ethics): eg. Shouch (purification); Santosha (contentment), Tapa (tenacity), Swadhyaya (self-study), Ishwor pradhan (self-surrenderer to god)
- Concepts of Dharma and Karma, Bondage and Moksha
- Yogic Aahara / Sattvic Food, Rules of healthy food habits
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher-student relationships and community
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others (seva)
- Constituents of the Human Body: Cells, Tissues, Organs, Terminologies;
- System of Protection and Movement of bones, joints, muscles, Flexibility, Efficiency, Body Alignment,
- System of Intake of raw materials and the elimination e.g. Digestive, Respiratory, Excretory;
- Communication and Immune System-Cardiovascular, Nervous, Endocrine, Lymphatic:
- Spiritual anatomy and physiology: Panchakosa, Chakras, Physical and spiritual Nadis, Kundalini power, etc.
4 Teaching Methodology
Min. Contact Hrs Total 25 Hours Hrs
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles and Qualities of a teacher
- The student learning process
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal)
Min. Contact Hrs Total 10 Hours Hrs
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – 22 Days Training Cost
Private Accommodation - USD 1500 per person Double Sharing Accommodation - USD 1300 per person Triple Sharing Accommodation - USD per person
Note: If you are in Group, ask for special rates
Accommodation; Attached Bathroom with Hot & Cold shower
Training Fees and Certificates
3 vegetarian or Vegan meals daily (Cultural Food on Festivals & Rituals)
Daily herbal tea as mentioned above, Drinking water
Library of yoga literature
Yoga Book-1, Notebook-1, Pen-1, Jalaneti pot-1
1 Whole Day Hiking / Overnight Stay ( Extra Cost per Night ) in Nature / Sightseeing ( Optional )
One Way Transfer / Transport (Arrival or Departure )
What's not included?
- Extra Tours
- Extra Therapy Sessions.