Yoga For Constipation
13 Feb 2020 HYN Himalayan Yoga Academy
Introduction : An irregular and insufficient bowel action. Regular timely defecation gives a sense of a lightness in the lower abdomen and a sense of satisfaction due to the emptied pelvic colon. It is main root of many diseases. Today it may be equated to ‘constipation’ –so rampant is the malady among city dwellers of all ages and sexes
So Learn How can you cure or rerduce the happening of constipation.Learn Yoga For Constipation.
Headache, fever, fullness or tension in the stomach and the intestines, frequently ineffectual or absence of the efforts, throbbing pain in the abdomen. Piles and varices difficulty of breathing, disturbed sleep, loss of energy etc.
Ignoring the natural call, irregularity in taking meals, hurried eating, intake of too much food, munching irregularly too often in the day. Excessive intake of drinking water, during the meal, tea, cold drinks etc, lack of exercise, worries, less sleep, drinking less water, fried and fatty food. Eating without hunger.
- Shatkarmas : Kunjal, Enema, Shankhprakshalan & Nauli Kriya
- Yogasanas : Pawanmuktasana, Paschimottanasana, Dharurasana and Sarvangasana
- Pranayamas : Agnisar Kriya for 3 minutes, Kapalbhati Suryabedi and sheetali Pranayama. Eat when surya swara works and drink when Chandra swara works and drink Chandra swara works. Use Ashwanimundra and Uddiyan Bandha.
- Murdas : Use Prithivi (Earth) mudra / Shankh mudra / Apaan murda or Surabhi for 48 mts.
- Diet : Salads, popcorn, bael leaves added to milk are good laxative. Bael leaves added to milk and sugar can be keep into milkshake and drink twice or thrice a day to keep constipation at bay. Figs, starwberies, spinach, prunes, honey, seedless raisin (munakka) are excellent purgatives.
- Take green vegetable, curd, soup,ramroti (mixed methi/bathau etc.) Some times do fast when needed.
- Use trifala churna/harar churna/ amla churna, isabgol husk with hot milk or water when needed. Don’t use these regulary. Take trifala honey.
- Avoid fried and fast food. Don’t drink water after meal.
- Eat when you feel hunger. Chew properly eat less food. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day atleast.
Other Treatments : Yoga For Constipation
- Remove all the causes of constipation.
- Take overnight water soaked 20 + 5 munakas and a fig regularly for a few days.
- Sit in Vajrasana for 10 – 15 minutes after meals.
- Do ushapaan in the early morning (the stored water in copper utensil at night)
- Soak 6-8 dates in a cup of water over night churn it in a mixer and drink first thing in the morning.
- ½ cup milk +1/2 cup water + 2 black raisin +4 dates. Boil and have last food in night before going bed.
- Pear, grapes, papaya, spinach and bael fruits are helpful also to remove the constipation.
- Take Panchaskar churna 3-5 gm with water or Abhayarist 15-30 ml+water 2 tsp or 9 Haritaki churna 5-10 gm with water.
- Eat 2 pices of cashew + taisins (blacks) without taking anything before.
- Take 1 tsp gulkand with hot milk at night before going to bed.
- Drink bael sharbat.
- Eat dalia + green vegetables or chapati of branflour.
- Take trifala and haraw powder 1 tsp with warm water morning and evening.