Prayer: The Initiation for Everything
26 Jun 2019 HYN Himalayan Yoga Academy
The Science of AUM:
When we see or listen AUM , we will have different feelings, devotions and perception in our mind which is honored by all spiritual aspirants all over the world. But sometimes problems is that it is misunderstood as the symbol of Hindus, in fact it is not religions and religious purposes. It is totally sanatana or vedic only for Prani Jagata (creature world), especially for Human Kingdom. AUM is drawn as a sacred symbol in all traditions and religions as well.
Aum is one-word mantra which is most powerful mantra. It is essence of all mantras.As a rule every mantras generally starts from Aum otherwise it is considered incomplete.
Prayer (Mantra) is very important for understanding the supreme power or soul and for grabbing his existence through mind, body and intellect. Praying to divine at short and regular intervals makes it easier to establish communication with supreme power.
Formation of AUM:
As first infinite sound of universe was AUM when Aakash (Space/sky) was appeared (Sankhya Yoga Darshana), later it was whole universe with all galaxy and planets was surrounded by AUM sound. Si it is called as shabdabrahma (word of Universe). This is only beej mantra, which is in the forms of a pure sound vibration or melodious musical tone. One can experience a typical blissful and joyous condition of mind even if one listens to AUM chanting, done by others. The condition is called Brahmananda. Sound vibrations produced due to Aum recitation would lead us to power of generator. This effect of Aum is due to the vibrations of of divine sound. That is why it is also called Nadabrahma (Sound of soul).
- Chanting of the Om Mantra purifies the environment around you and creates positive vibrations.
- Your concentration increases when you chant this universal hymn.
- Om chanting gives you better immunity and self-healing power.
- It improves your concentration and helps you focus.
- The Om chanting produces a vibration and sound which is felt through your vocal cords and sinuses. The vibrations open up the sinuses to clear the airways.
- It can place you in a meditational state which gives you deep relaxation.
- The Om not only benefits the person who is chanting it but also to the people around them, wherever its vibrations flow.
- The Om Mantra has cardiovascular benefits – by relaxing our mind and body, our blood pressure will decrease and our heart will beat with regular rhythm.
- Om chanting actually improves your voice by giving strength to your vocal cords and the muscles around it. This is very helpful during old age.
- It is said that rubbing your hands together while om chanting and putting those charged hands on different parts of body heals or activates those body parts.
- Through chanting and meditation, you can have better control over your emotions, thus allowing you to see situations with a clear and rational mind.
- Regular chanting of this Mantra will take you on a spiritual journey to greater happiness and positivity, but only if it is done daily for a longer period of time. Mantras are not an overnight fix to your problems – you must have patience and learn the correct techniques.
- When the OM Mantra is chanted in a group, the effects are amplified and this will produce immense positive vibrations which charge up the entire vicinity.
- It has been our experience that Om can even help cleanse your skin. The massive levels of internal positive energy and a cleansed aura that come from chanting the Om Mantra regularly will be reflected externally with a sunny glow on your face and body.
Association of AUM and Chakras:
- Your spinal cord is strengthened through the vibrations caused by sound of A or Aaaa…… As this sound is generated from lower abdomen, it helps to strengthen the supporting muscles of the spinal cord and activates the Mooladhara (at the perineum junction) and Swadhishthan (at below the umbilicus).
- The sound U or Uuu……. is created by vocal cords which benefit the Thymus & thyroid glands and the throat, also activates Manipur and Anahata Chakra.
- The sound M or Mmm…… is vibrated from the throat and cranial cavity activates the organs above the throat and opens the Vishuddhi and Ajna chakra.
- If you’re looking at the spiritual eye while chanting, your eyesight will start improving.
- AUM or OM makes the all the chakras powerful which in turn keep one energetic and enthusiastic, and prana gets upward direction.
- AUM mantra chanting is the superior mantra sadhana for the physical, mental and spiritual merits.
Prayer: How to chant AUM or OM
“Tailadharamivachchhinnam deerghaghanta ninaadawat” -Varahopanishad-5.69,i.e it should be chanted very smoothly and continuously like smooth fall of oil like a resonance of a bell. it should be melodious. traditionally, Aum can be recited in three patterns; Vaikhari (Loudly), Upanshu (Murmuring) and Manas ( Mantally) in the mind.
AUM should be recited 3 times at least more as we like.
A: U: M =3:1:1 -Physical High scaling
A: U: M = 1:3:1 Physical + Mental Merits – High Scaling
A: U: M =1:1:3 Physical +Mental + Spiritual Merits – Equanimity scaling
O……………………………………………………M….., 3:1 – Physical effects high
O………………………..M…………………………. 1:1 – Physical and Mental effects
O…………….M……………………………………. 1:3 – Physical + Mental + Spiritual
Vedic Prayers (Mantras)
In Vedas ( The source of Knowledge), there are various Sanskrit Mantras that has been illustrated through ages and has been prayed by millions of Yogis and Yogini’s all over the world. This Prayers (Mantras) has various benefits. This mantras has been influencing thousands of people bringing the positivity and happiness in them through various ways. it should be for mental, emotional and devotional preparation and also internal preparation for yoga sadhana.
Mantra should be recited 3 times or can be chanted more than three mantras.
- Guru Mantra:
Om Namo; Guru Deva Namo!
Meaning: I bow to the infinite Master/ Guru within, and open myself to the infinite source of wisdom and creativity within me.
Omkāram Vindu Samyuktam, Nityamdhyāyanti Yoginah! Kāmadam Mokshadam Chaiva, Omkārāya Namo Namah!!
Meaning: Salutation to the AUM which is united with that point, Yogis meditates that point every day. AUM fulfills our desires and liberation, so hail to hail AUM.
- GAAYATREE MANTRA: AUM Bhoor Bhuvah Svah, Tat SaviturVarenyam; Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi Dhiyo Yo NahPrachodayaat !
Meaning: O Earth, Space, & Heaven; and Divine Mother beyond these who is Truth,Consciousness and Bliss. We meditate upon the glory of that Supreme Being Sun God who has created this universe; fit to be worshipped, the embodiment of knowledge & light and the remover of sins & ignorance. May he guide and illuminate our actions and intellects at all the times in the right directions. (Rigveda 3.62.10)
- GURU PRAYERS(MANTRAS):
Twameva Mātā, Cha Pitā Twameva!
Twameva Bandhush, cha Sakhā Twameva!
Twameva Viddhyā, Dravinam Twameva!
Twameva Sarvam, Ma Ma Deva Deva!
Meaning: You are my mother and also Father; you are my sibling and friend, You are my Knowledge and Wealth; you are everything to me as my almighty
- GURU MANTRA:
Dhyāna Mülam Gurur Murti!
- Püjā Mülam Gurur Padam!
- Mantra Mülam Gurur Vākyam!
- Moksha Mülam Gurur Kripā!
The main source of meditation is through Guru or His Statue. The root source of worship is lotus feet of the Guru. The main mantra is the words of the Guru.The root of liberation is the compassion of the Guru.
- KAMANA MANTRA:
OM Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah; Sarve Santu Nirāmaya!
- Sarve Bhadrāni Pashyantu; Mā Kashchid Duhkha Bhāg Bhavet!!
May all be happy; May all be healthy; May all be enlightened, May none suffer misery and sorrow.
- LIGHT MANTRA:
OM Asato-mā Sat Gamaya! Tamaso-mā Jyotir-Gamaya!!
OM SHĀNTIH! SHĀNTIH! SHĀNTIH!
O divine Power! Plz lead me from Untruth to Truth; from Darkness to Lightness and from Mortality to Immortality.
OM PEACE! PEACE! PEACE!
- Om Sahana Vavatu
Om Saha Naav[au]-Avatu |
Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
Saha Viiryam Karavaavahai |
Tejasvi Naav[au]-Adhiitam-Astu Maa Vidvissaavahai
Sanskrit to English Word Meaning
|Oṁ Saha nāvavatu||Om=supreme god; saha=together; nau=both/ all; avatu=may he protect|
|saha nau bhunaktu||saha=together; nau=both/ all; bhunaktu= be nourished/ energized|
|Saha vīryam karavāvahai||saha=together;vīryam=energy; karavāvahai=work (kara=hand; avahai=bring into use)|
|Tejasvi nāvadhītamastu||tejaswi = having great energy;nau = both ; adhi = intellect/ study; tama = higher degree; astu=so be it|
|Mā vidviṣāvahai||Mā=not be; vidvis=animosity; avahai=bring/ have|
1: Om, May God Protect us Both (the Teacher and the Student) (during the journey of awakening our Knowledge),
2: May God Nourish us Both (with that spring of Knowledge which nourishes life when awakened),
3: May we Work Together with Energy and Vigour (cleansing ourselves with that flow of energy for the Knowledge to manifest),
4: May our Study be Enlightening (taking us towards the true Essence underlying everything), and not giving rise to Hostility (by constricting the understanding of the Essence in a particular manifestation only),
5: Om, Peace, Peace, Peace (be there in the three levels – Adhidaivika, Adhibhautika and Adhyatmika).