16 Feb 2020 HYN Himalayan Yoga Academy
This is purificatory exercise. For cleansing the respiratory system. Kapalbhati means shining the skull. It is part of the Eight Limbs Of Yoga as compiled in Yoga Sutras by Sage Patanjali. Practicing Kapalbhati keeps you healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
Sit in Padmasana/Siddhasana or any other comfortable pose.Perform quick exhalation with very short inhalation.With succession of inhalations and exhalations the abdominal muscles are pushed back and forth.
To start with practice ten expulsions followed by deep inhalation. Then retain as long as you can comfortably do so.Then exhale slowly.Take breaths.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama :
- Enlightens the brain.
- Beneficial for the lungs and heart.
- Improves blood circulation
- Purifies the brain.
- Destroys kapha accumulated in wind pipe.
- Strengthens liver, intestines, pancreas and digestive system.
- Brings heat to the body when it is cold.
- Reduces wrinkles and brings glow to the skin.
- Mobilizes the fat by regulating the metabolism of body.
- Helps to clean the sinus and respiratory passages.
- Fills more oxygen into the lungs.
- Lends elasticity to the diaphragm and increase the capacity of lungs.
- Stimulates and tones the abdominal muscles.
- Purifies the blood by redirecting it to lungs for oxygenation.
- Improves the memory.
- Helps to reduce headache and giddiness
- Improves circulation of blood.
Kapalbhati For Skin Health : Kapalbhati has shown great results for skin. Its practice cleanses the body from the inside, which results in excretion of all impurities and dirt. Thus we can see clear and glowing skin. It works strongly for those who continuously face acne and wrinkles.
Kapalbhati Benefits For Heart : Kapalbhati controls all the factors which are harmful to the heart. It controls the High Blood pressure problem and balances. It removes all the toxins present in the body in any form. It works on stress and depression which are highly responsible for heart attacks.