YOGA AND STRESS
5 Oct 2020 HYN Himalayan Yoga Academy
YOGA AND STRESS : Swami Yog Subodh
The term “Yog” in Sanskrit means the Union of existence. Yog is getting popularity now all over the world and becoming a part of life as a precious thing. According to Yoga philosophy, all existence is itself Yog, all life is Yog, all nature is Yog, all creation is Yog, all galaxies is Yog. The connection of five elements (panchamahabhoota) is Yog of Nature. The connection of soul, intellect, mind, and body is Yog of Human life. This trilateral integration of universe, Nature and Human life is Yog of existence. If there is any disconnection amongst them, everything around will be disturbed.More about Yoga and Stress
Yoga is the ethic of life under the biological clock of the universe. It is considered as a way of a complete transformation of our nature which harmonizes the precious life and also appeals to have peace, love, non-violence, happiness, and bliss in human life. This is not a science just some decades before somebody discovered. It is ancient human science based on ancient wisdom for ethical and spiritual life.
Practically Yog is the science of soul which drives our mind and body. The absolute purity of soul keeps the life more balance and sound and also releases happiness, positivity and calmness in mind. If thoughts are positive we are purified and then can be free from trees and all the sufferings. So right way Yog understanding and regular Yog practice is the total way of getting rid of stress, tension, anxiety, depression, restlessness, frustration and loss of concentration which usually cause the psychosomatic problems that is mind related diseases or stress diseases.
What is stress?
According to Yog science, stress is the imbalance at physical and mental levels. Stess is the automatic responses of the body to any physical and mental demand placed on human life. Imbalance is misery that causes the conflicts and disorders in life.
- Moderate: It can improve our performance and efficiency and also drive into positive way.
- Too Much: It can cause an unproductive anxiety level and whole body disorders.
Effects of Stress:
- Physical Effects: -Weight gain/ loss; Hypertension; Heart palpitations; Unhealthy skin and wrinkles; Unexpected hair loss; Early aging; Body ache
- Emotional effects: -Mood swings; tension and anxiety; Leading depression; Leading to bad expression; Coping strategies i.e. Drugs, Alcohols; Difficult in making decisions; Sexual and romantic indiscretions; Feeling worthless, inadequate and insecure.
Symptoms of stress:
- Moderate levels: -tension headache; indigestion; concentration less; tight jaw; muscle tension; sweaty limbs; restlessness; cold limbs; loss/increase appetite; sleep disturbance; irregular bowel
- Severe levels: -chest pain; hypertension; allergies; phobias; anxiety; depression; fatigue/ tiredness; confusion; memory loss; chronic constipation; sexual disorders; infertility; dermatitis; menstrual distress.
Strategy of Stress reliefs:
- Ethical changes i.e. – Social ethics, self ethics;
- Better way of living i.e.- Positive Nature (Samyak Prakriti); -Positive Food (Samyak aahaar);-Positive Action (Samyak Vihaar); -Positive rest and relaxation (Samyak Vishram ); -positive Thinking (Samyak Vichaar)
- Body warm up/preparation by the subtle exercise and cleansing process.
- Yogasana, Pranayama, and overall workout routine.
- Yoga nidra (Psychic sleep), music healing
- Shavasana – a complete rest and relaxation and balance pose
- Meditation – a way of inner awareness, sound rest, mind purity.
- Counseling i.e talk therapy and life coaching
- Body relaxing therapy and spiritual healing
- Other helpful tips: -Proper knowledge of body, mind and spiritual issues associated with stress; -Action oriented life pattern;
-Realistic goals setting; -No compromising with your norms and values and beliefs; – No competition in life, always try to be excellent but not a first one; -low stress lifestyle; – love to all.
Brain Functioning nature and calming pattern:
Our brain fires 14 to to more cycles of thoughts called Beta waves a second which is for getting tasks done. But it is not for enhancing your learning capacity of new things. So doing any types of relaxation practice keeps sound rest at atom levels which minimizes the high consumption of oxygen and energy which provides better life and long life. Taking a few minutes to relax deeply slows our brain waves down which are Alpha waves, occur at between 7 to 14 cycles a second can empower our learning level and soundness in life.
Finally Yog is all the solution in life. If one problem releases in mind, hundreds of solution you have in mind. But just one hour going to Yog studio and practicing Yog is not yogic life. This complete world is Yog studio and this precious life is itself a huge Yog laboratory in where we have to do well experiments for ourselves. This beautiful life gifted by nature is itself a huge chemical, biological and physical industry where we can find all the requirements for your experimental fulfillment of your being and consciousness. So please let’s globalize the Yog science for peace, harmony, happiness, bliss with the exploration of wisdom and intelligence all over the world.