Veerasana ( Hero’s Pose )
18 Nov 2020 HYN Himalayan Yoga Academy
Veerasana widely famous as Hero’s Pose is derived from two Sanskrit words, Veera meaning Hero and Asana meaning Posture.It is also known as balancing posture and since it helps to increase awareness and concentration. If you plan to sit still for more than a few minutes, as you would for a meditation session, give it a try. If you wanna practice this asana and be yoga teacher, contact yoga teacher training nepal
Steps for Veerasana :
- First Sit on Vajrasana.
- Then, raise the right knee upright, placing the right foot on the ground by the side of left knee.
- The right elbow at the top of the right knee, rest the chin on the right hand’s palm and place the left palm at the top of the left knee.
- Keep the spine erect and the head fully straight. Gently close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Let the body remain fully relaxed and motionless. Hold this position for a minute or two.
- Release the position and come back to Vajrasana to relax.
- Repeat the same practice from the opposite side by placing the left foot at the side of the right knee.
Benefits of Veerasana :
1. Balances the mind and improves the concentration power.
2. Helpful in stabilizing the functioning of the entire systema nervosum .
3. Highly beneficial for the liver, kidney and every one other abdominal organs.
4. Practicing the second variation of this asana improves the functioning of the reproductive organs.
5. Extremely beneficial for people having disturbed mind because the regular practice of this asana clears up the thought process and helps in getting obviate the habit of over thinking.
Precautions for Veerasana (Hero’s Pose)
- People having knee weakness or knee injury should not practice this asana.
- People having arthritis, spinal disorders, osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, respiratory diseases or any heart disease should not practice this asana.