Ayurveda For Viral Fever
31 Mar 2020 HYN Himalayan Yoga Academy
What is Viral Fever ?
Viral fever is an umbrella term for a group of viral infections that affect the body and is characterized by high fever, burning in the eyes, headaches, body aches and sometimes nausea and vomiting.Below we will discuss Ayurveda For Viral Fever
Viral fever is common among children and older people as their immunity is lower. The fever by itself is not an illness, it is a symptom of an underlying cause, which is a viral infection. A viral infection can occur in any part of the body, intestines, lungs, air passages etc. The fever will occur as a result of the infection. The high fever is usually a sign of the immune system of the body, fighting against the intruding viruses and “burning them off”.
The symptoms ranges from sore throat, cough, running nose, mild to severe fever,enlarged glands, watery eyes,muscles and joint pain, vomitting diarrhoea, malaise and
generalised weakness. depending on the patients immunity level the severity of disease increases or decreases within few days.sometimes the disease may be dangerous affecting lungs, kidneys, heartcausing life threatening diseases like pneumonia, acute Renal failure,hepatitis etc. there may be secondary bacterial infections also.
Measures To Follow For Prevention From Viral Fever :
- It is easy to catch a viral infection in crowded places like classrooms, theatres and buses. Simple precautions can keep the infections at bay. so, use of masks at the crowd places.
- Avoid eating out, especially street food/hawkers stalls
- Avoid cold beverages and ice-golas
- Boil water and cool it before drinking
- Eat plenty of fruits containing vitamin A C,
- If you get an infection, stay indoors to prevent spreading it
- Wash your hands regularly
- Drink plenty of fluids, 8-10 glasses of water for viral patients
- Eat easily digestible and light diet.
Some of Ayurveda Treatment the disease can be :
- Leaves of tulsi used directly or as tea.
- Ginger and honey tea
- Cinnamon, licorice, cumin can be boiled and used
- if sore throat gargle with epsum salt and warmwater
- Turmeric Water or Paste can be Used as well.